D.O.P.E. Death Or Prison Eventually
About The Movie
D.O.P.E., a documentary, tells the true story of the lives of professional skaters, Bruce Logan, Jay Adams, Dennis Martinez and Christian Hosoi. In the 70's and 80's, they rose to the top with world recognition for their unsurpassed skateboarding achievements, taking away world championship titles and glossing the covers of magazines. They have gone down as legends of the sport. They had it all, or so it seemed.
Each of the four athletes shared one vice, a common shadow that dragged them from the spotlight... a downward spiralling addiction to drugs. Pot, cocaine and crystal meth all took part in eating away at their once astonishing skateboard careers.
At their lowest point... at times homeless... penniless... or even sitting in prison... they made a decision to turn life around. Their story is one of rising, falling and redemption.
Directed by Chris Ahrens with narration by Danny Trejo. Produced by Car Angel and Boat Angel ministries. Shot and edited by BFC Studios.
D.O.P.E., upon it's launch, has been received into the following film festivals:
- 2008 Beverly Hills Film Festival
- 2008 Durango International Film Festival
- 2008 Fallbrook Film Festival
- 2008 Sedona International Film Festival
- 2008 Da Vinci International Film Festival
- 2008 New Jersey Film Festival
- 2008 Sunscreen International Film Festival
- 2008 San Luis Obispo International Film Festival
- 2008 Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 2008 Bayou International Film Festival
- 2008 Muskegon Film Festival